Hello readers and fellow bloggers. If you have followed me from my old blog on Blogger, then you may have noticed how I have completely revamped and redesigned my blog. New website, new format, and a new style to my posts. Now that I am at university, I am taking a whole new approach to my blog. I am going to be more dedicated to posting quality, regular content,in order to please my readers, improve my writing skills, and because it is still my passion and has been from a young age.
So the purpose of this post is to allow my readers, old and new, to get to know a little something about me with some facts about my little life. Here we go…
- My full name is Rebecca Louise Anderson. I have never liked the name Rebecca so I have always gone by the nickname Bex – even my closest friends and family say I suit the name much more than Rebecca!
- I am the younger sister to two older brothers, aged 21 and 23.
- I am a pescatarian and have been for the past 5 years. This means the only meat I eat is fish. I do this mainly for the reason of animal welfare, but honestly over the years its just become a habit.
- I have been blogging since I was 13 years old.
- I am in my first year of studying Journalism and Public Relations and the University of Lincoln. I am absolutely loving it so far and couldn’t imagine myself studying anything else or to be living in a different location.
- I mainly live off of avocados, mushrooms and cheese.
- I was born and raised in a small town in Essex – 30 minutes from London.
- My other passion in life is musical theatre. I have seen more than 35 musicals in the west end, and two on Broadway. My favourites being The Book of Mormon and Les Mis.
- I attended a stage school from the age of 8 to 18, three times a week and performed in around 15 showcases. And I am now a member of my university’s Musical Theatre society.
- There will rarely be a day you see me without black winged eye liner on.
- I am currently rehearsing for my first role in an actual musical as the female lead, Ariel, in my musical theatre society’s production of Footloose.
- I am 5″9 and have a love-hate relationship with my height. I love that I never have to wear heels and I love having long legs but I hate that I am taller than a lot of boys and that jeans are always too short for me.
- I have two golden retrievers, Cheddar, who is 10 years old, and Lana, who is just a year old. I couldn’t be more in love with them if I tried.
- I have a very busy life, but absolutely love it. I get really down if I have nothing to do or if I have a completely free schedule.
- I am secretly a bit of a gamer. I love Grand Theft Auto, Sims 4, old school games like Rollercoaster Tycoon and Mario Super Smash Bros and me and my flatmates play Mario Kart for hours on end.
- I have visited 15 countries so far in my life. My favourite places being New York, Amsterdam and Austria.
- My guilty pleasures in life include One Direction, Geordie Shore and afternoon teas – I could eat scones for every meal of the day.
- I tend to burst out into musical song and dance on a regular basis, especially if I am hanging around people who are also musical theatre fanatics like myself.
- I have two phobias. Wasps – because I was attacked by a wasps nest when I was six and I haven’t been able to trust them since. And secondly, being pulled off my seat by my ankles… It sounds stupid, but what if my head hits the floor and I crack my head open?
- My ultimate man crush is Eddie Redmayne – his talent and his looks.
- I have only had one operation in my life so far. It was to reconstruct my ear drum as I made a hole in it with a cotton bud by accident. Very painful, very long process. DO NOT USE COTTON BUDS.
- My most listened to albums (that are not musical theatre soundtracks) are The 1975 by The 1975, Black Sands by Bonobo, Songs About Jane by Maroon 5 and Currents by Tame Impala.
- I could watch Despicable Me and Pitch Perfect over and over again and never get bored.
- My drink of choice is Bombay Sapphire Gin and Tonic
- If I could live anywhere in the world, I would without a doubt live in New York. I have been fortunate enough to visit three times in my life so far, and I fall in love again every time I go.
- I have never broken a bone. *touches wood*
- Being too cold > being too hot.
- At A level, I studied Psychology, History, English Language and Literature and Art.
- The majority of my wardrobe consists of clothes from ASOS, and my fashion obsession is Jackets- I have way too many, but at least I have one for every outfit and every season.
- My favourite TV shows of all time are Friends, Family Guy and Stranger Things.
I hope this gave you an interesting insight into the life of an aspiring journalist and musical theatre lover.
What’s an interesting fact about yourself? Leave it in the comments below…